Tuesday, May 17, 2016

100 days of Persuasion

What?? One hundred days of what??? If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably seen the images below, if not, well here they are.

It started as a challenge, and I really had no clue what I was doing. On a whim I picked the hashtag (you need one), and I thought easy peasy, I'll just finish embroidering the handkerchief I started more than a year ago. Hahahaha!!

Can you imagine seeing 100 pictures of the same handkerchief??

Well, I can't! And so, I embarked on making things that related to sentences, places, objects that appeared in the book. (Persuasion by Jane Austen).

A sort of visual album, my own version of certain things and moments that occur in the book. I have been either making things, as you can see, but I have also managed to make my life easier by finding everyday images that can relate to certain passages or places in the book.

Daunting? Difficult? Perhaps both, but it has been good for me to force myself to imagine things I could make, and also to get me away from so much blue. I do miss my blue though!

Nurse Rooke, for example, appears for a tiny instance, but I immediately thought of her (above), so I set out to make her. I learned to make these particular dolls from Julie Arkell, and you can see the others I made here, here and here.

Fortunately there are many instances where LOVE is mentioned, so that one is a bit easy. This one became a brooch, and it is for sale here.

Now all I have left, are 73 more to do. To be honest, I don't know how much more I can squeeze my brain to come up with, but I'll be more than happy if I reach the 50 mark.

Wishing you a lovely and very creative week,
Giova





1 comment:

  1. I never read "Persuasion" but this is a fascinating project. You certainly couldn't do it if you worked all day! I hope you will send us the remaining 73 pictures...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...